Amanda Yensa Manor
Most of my work comes from word of mouth and repeat clients. Predominantly in architecture, the arts, education, human rights and wellness.
I started Y E N S A M E N T O R S in 2015 when I realised most of my joy came from mentoring people who really wanted to change something in their life. Personally and/or professionally.
All the mentoring programmes I design and deliver are based on my extensive experience in the creative industries, and my life practice of yoga and zen principles.
An international upbringing and education means I am at home across cultures. NLP certified, and Reiki Level 2 certified, with recent courses in Breathing, and Free Fall Creative Writing, I use a blend of mentoring tools and techniques in every programme, workshop and session.
From 2012 onwards I was involved in a number of exciting fundraising projects for the Barbican Centre and the British Red Cross. Once again, realising I found huge joy fundraising for organisations I admired and respected, I joined Amnesty International UK as a part time tele-fundraiser in May 2018. I love this grass roots work.
My portfolio work life is designed to keep me motivated and enthused every day of the week. I am a dedicated yoga practitioner, and dabble in figurative sculpture and stone carving. My first book – a life manifesto about survival and optimism – was published in 2010.
Clients – past and present
- Architecture: Aukett Swanke, Ayre Chamberlain Gaunt, Claire Curtice Publicists, Darcstudio, LYN Atelier, Museum of Architecture, PAD Studio, Purcell, RCKa, RIBA, SimpsonHaugh, Ström Architects, Tate Hindle, White Arkitekter
- Arts: Barbican, Business in the Community, London Symphony Orchestra, Magpie Dance, Making Music, Tate Modern, various individuals (actor, floristry artist, theatre director)
- Education: Birkbeck University of London, Heriot Watt University, London South Bank University, The London School of English, The London School of International Communication
- Human Rights: British Red Cross, Refugee Support Services
- Wellness: Alis Yoga, Breathe Yoga, Hands Holistic, The Life Centre, Sarah Fretwell Yoga, Yoga Light Vibes
- Design: projects in partnership with Abrahams, Kimpton Creative, The Partners
Management Series, Disney University, Marne-la-Vallée
Masters in Marketing, Ecole Supérieure de Gestion (ESG), Paris
English/French Teaching Degree (Licence), La Sorbonne, Paris
British Chamber of Commerce Certificate, Paris
Baccalauréat International, Lycée International, St. Germain-en-Laye
UK / CANADA
NLP Training Specialist, Certified, London, UK (Richard Bandler, Paul McKenna)
Ashtanga Yoga Teacher Training Intensive, Ottawa, Canada (David Swenson)
Reiki Practitioner Levels One and Two, London UK (Doug Buckingham, Michael Kaufmann)
Refuge volunteer training (7 days), London, UK (National Domestic Violence Helpline)
British Red Cross Foundation Training (3 days), London, UK
British Red Cross Refugee Support Core Skills e-module (half day), London, UK
Amnesty International UK – Fundraising Principles, Tele-fundraising skills, London, UK
Breathing School Foundation Course – The Shala School of Yoga, London, UK
Creative Writing Free Fall Course – The Gestalt Centre, London, UK
Carefree The significance of a meaningful existence on Earth and on Andromeda by Yensa Manor
(Available to purchase on request)
twitter / @
instagram / yensamentors
We are London-based.
East London. North London. Central London. West London. South London.
© amanda yensa manor 2019